Agriteam is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Agriteam Canada:
Agriteam Canada is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Agriteam has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Agriteam presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Agriteam Canada launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe).
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact, and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
The expert team has been deployed to the Ministry of Digital Transformation to improve administrative services (public services) design and delivery to citizens. The goal of the reform initiative: citizen have access to high-quality public services online.
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for а Project Manager on Administrative Services Re-Engineeringwho will be working with the Ministry of Digital Transformation and will be responsible for piloting of the Services Re-engineering methodology in Ministries, including capacity building of public servants, and providing support to MinDigital and other Ministries in re-engineering of administrative (public) services: assessment of citizen needs, analysis of existing processes of service provision, design of improved processes with consideration of citizen impact and international best practices, support in implementation of these new practices.
The Project Manager on Administrative Services Re-Engineeringwill be interacting with different teams, including software developers, legal and policy experts, civil servants, administrative services actors (customers and service providers) to model the new, citizen-centered processes of services provision that will be part of the Diia webportal and will be also provided through the network of Administrative Services Centers (TSNAPs).
The expert will be based in Kyiv and will be reporting to the Team Lead of the SURGe expert team in MinDigital.
Level of Effort: Full time, Monday-Friday.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extension. For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate should be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Expected scope of work:
- Manage public services re-engineering team contracted by SURGe and deployed to MinDigital (business analysts, legal experts, communication experts), focusing on services re-engineering, including, but not limited to: re-engineering of pensions, programs for people with disabilities, public utilities subsidies.
- In close cooperation with MinDigital and SURGe coordinate implementation of the Services Re-engineering methodology:
- Develop capacity building program for public servants of MinDigital and other Ministries on re-engineering
- Deliver consultations to Ministries as they re-engineer their services according to the Re-engineering methodology
- For selected services, lead the full-cycle of public services re-engineering process, in close cooperation with MinDigital experts:
- Primary data collection
- Business process analysis “as is”
- Stakeholder consultations
- Research on international practices
- Modelling new business process
- Advocate changes with key government beneficiaries
- Develop a set of re-engineering tools (legal acts, BPMN schema, technical specification for IT solutions, user acceptance testing, etc.), coordinate them with stakeholders
- Oversee IT-solutions development for re-engineered public services
- Piloting of re-engineered services, trouble-shooting
- Support during national roll-out of re-engineered services
- Adhere to the principles of RBM, GBA+ and environmental sustainability in preparation of deliverables, ensure visibility of the Government of Canada support (the in-house training will be provided).
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong project management skills: min 3 years of senior management experience (advisory, technical assistance projects, or other project management experience with exposure to the Government of Ukraine);
- Experience in hiring and managing teams (min 3 people);
- Understanding of governmental processes: communication with Ministries and development of new governmental processes (experience in communication with high-profile officials, policy experts, etc.);
- Experience in clarification of requirements, presentations, trouble-shooting;
- Experience in data mapping and business process re-engineering (UML, BPMN); [Ma1] [K2]
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business, Law, Political Science, International Development or another relevant discipline;
- Strong attention to details, abstract mindset, strong logic skills, ability to identify corner cases and provide the best solution;
- Fluent English and Ukrainian.
As a plus:
- Knowledge of legal framework for digitalizing public services;
- Understanding of technical specifications (ToR, BRD, FRD, SRS) for IT projects;
- Understanding of different data transferring formats, including JSON, XML, CSV[Ma3] [MOU4] ;
- Understanding of Software Development Process (SDLC).
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on August 21, 2020 to the following address: email@example.com
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV;
2) Applicant’s letter of interest.
Please ensure to state Project Manager, Administrative Services Re-Engineering in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.