Alinea International is recruiting a Program Assistant to support the field team operations.
PROTECT is a 2 year, 3M CAN$ defence and security sector reform program funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented in Kyiv, Ukraine. PROTECT provides short-term expert (Ukrainian and international) deployment and capacity to reforms in the defence and security sector. The program responds to the needs of Ukraine’s defence and security institutions and agencies and focuses on building strong analytical approaches in gender equality; women peace and security (WPS); and results-based management into reform initiatives, while lending expertise in the management of reforms.
PROTECT program outcomes are defined as follows:
- Improved governance and democratic accountability of Ukraine’s security and defence sector
- Improved planning, coordination, gender responsiveness and strategic analysis of security and defence sector reforms
- Improved implementation of reforms delivered through the Ukrainian security and defence sector
To support the delivery of outlined scope of work, PROTECT is looking for the Program Assistant (PA), who will ensure the professional day-to-day program support. Once onboarded, the PA will work in a highly professional and qualified team of subject-matter experts (governance, gender equality, security and defence reforms, Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine) offering a professionally stimulating, team-oriented growth environment.
Events management and logistics
- Lead the relevant PROTECT team members in brainstorming event plans and concepts;
- Provide reliable logistics assistance for the PROTECT Program team.
- Handle budget planning, liaison and negotiation with suppliers;
- Manage program and corporate branding and social media communication consistently, with the support of corporate communications in Canada;
- Develop and consistently implement event feedback surveys;
- Ensure learnings are recorded and optimized with appropriate team members;
Data compilation and support to project monitoring
- Develop basic databases to accommodate program requirements, conduct data entry under the supervision of the RBM Expert, clean and analyse data and assure appropriate data security considerations;
- As requested, ensure technical support for the PROTECT Program monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Provide written interpretation (English and Ukrainian languages) in response to the Program core team requests.
- Perform other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the direct supervisors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Bachelor/ Master Degree in Public Administration, business, economics or similar area;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in planning events/programme/project support for companies, organizations, or international donors in a high-energy and dynamic environment;
- Proven experience and rigour in data management and analysis;
- Willingness to think ‘outside the box’, innovate and anticipate needs and requirements of the program;
- Strong professional communications skills;
- Team player with exceptional ‘people skills;
- Highly organized and efficient; attention to detail and possessing stamina to work hard and sometimes irregular hours;
- Strong oral and written Ukrainian and English language;
- Strong knowledge of traditional and new media channels and platforms
- Good understanding of project/programme cycle management and RBM concepts.
- Budget management would be an asset.
- Practical experience with data software packages (particularly Excel, Power BI, and similar);
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 April 2021. Please include the position title in your subject line and state your approximate salary expectations as a monthly rate, USD, inclusive of benefits.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries, please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com