Неурядова організація ForSet запрошує подавати заявки на Data Communication Fellowship. Дедлайн - 5 вересня 2020 року.
If you are a journalist or civic activist from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine or Uzbekistan and you are interested in data storytelling and journalism, then you should apply for a data communication fellowship at ForSet!
The Data Communication Fellowship is a 6-8 month-long program that consists of 3 weeks long Tbilisi based training and an online mentorship program. During this time fellows will advance their skills in data collection, data analysis, data storytelling, information design, etc. They will be responsible for researching, writing, designing, and publishing data stories under the guidance of ForSet's team. Each fellow will have to create up to 4 data stories on topics of democracy, politics, or economy. Stories created by them should be published by their respective organizations or fellows will have to find outlets for publishing created stories. Stories created during the fellowship will also be uploaded on our portal - Eurasian Data Stories https://stories.forset.ge/en/.
Apply for the Data Communication Fellowship at ForSet if you are interested and satisfy the following requirements:
- reside and work in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey,
Turkmenistan, Ukraine or Uzbekistan;
- are a journalist, communications specialist, activist, designer, or coder actively involved in media work;
- have the demonstrable capacity in storytelling and journalism;
- are fluent in written and spoken English
- will be available to spend 3 weeks in Tbilisi winter or spring of 2021 (exact dates will be announced at later
- are able to participate in an online mentorship program and other activities (online meetups, webinars,
- want to cover stories on politics, democracy, or economy
- will commit to producing a set number of stories during and post-Tbilisi visit;
- are committed to return to your home country after the fellowship and live there next 12-18 month;
- have no political party or religious organization affiliation.
6-8 fellows will be selected for the program of winter-spring 2021.
The program offers:
- fully funded round trip ticket for some of the selected fellows;
- honorariums for each story fellow produces post-Tbilisi visit (Honorariums for stories vary based on the
complexity. Fellows are expected to cover their Tbilisi-visit living costs that will be reimbursed as the
honorarium received for producing about 4 stories over the fellowship time period);
- several self-funded slots for the number of selected applicants.
Please note, that all fellows are expected to pay for their travel insurance.
The deadline for receiving applications is September 5.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to:
- take a test based on the pre-provided study materials
- submit a story project plan
- attend an interview with the project team.
For more information about ForSet, please visit: https://forset.ge/
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For any program-related questions, please contact Mariam Gamkharashvili at firstname.lastname@example.org.