Представництво Данської Ради у справах біженців в Україні шукає Base Manager (Слов’янськ / Сєвєродонецьк). Дедлайн - 9 грудня 2018 р. (далі - англ.).
The Danish Refugee Council/Danish Demining Group (DRC/DDG) implements activities in eastern Ukraine to assist internally displaced and conflict-affected persons. DRC field offices are located in Mariupol, Slovyansk/Severodonetsk, and the heads of programs and country director are located in Kyiv. Activities include shelter repair/winterization, legal assistance and advocacy, psycho-social counselling, adolescent right protection, livelihood restoration/economic recovery, capacity building for state entities serving conflict-affected populations, humanitarian demining, and mine risk education. DRC-DDG also works to promote durable solutions and strengthen capacities of duty bearer, stakeholder and local communities and providing policymakers, key ministries, legislators, and civil society groups involved with internal displacement with direct and concrete assistance in ensuring protection that mitigate the effects of displacement. DRC-DDG’s main international donors include OFDA, USAID, ECHO, DFID, SDC, UNICEF, SIDA, and the US Dept. of State.
Overall, the DRC Base Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Ukraine programme and its necessary support structures at the field-office level is well-designed, donor compliant, efficient, resourced and respects DRC accountability principles (Core Humanitarian Standards). S/He will report to the Mariupol-based Area Manager and will work closely with the DRC and DDG Heads of Programme, Head of Support Services, Grants Manager, and Supply Chain Manager in order to assure the highest quality of programme implementation in the area of responsibility. Finally, the Base Manager will also be responsible for building relationships with key external partners and other stakeholders within the northern Donbas area, and will support programme fundraising as needed.
About the job
This role has a base focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines at base level. The role contributes to the development of base strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- People management of direct reports (incl. development, performance & recruitment)
- Support and mentor staff members by identifying clear deliverables and providing training
- Support and monitor programme staff planning of activities
- Supervise finance, admin, human resources, procurement and logistics ensuring that expenditure is compliant with DRC procedures, donors’ regulation and national legislation
- Provide administrative management for DRC and DDG programme implementation teams in close coordination with the DRC and DDG Heads of Programmes
- Assure the implementation and understanding by staff members of all accountability tools (ie, CHS, Code of Conduct) in the field office
- Ensure the safety and security of DRC/DDG staff and assets in her/his area of responsibility, in coordination with the safety team
- May contribute to performance appraisals of supervised employees
- May contribute to the recruitment of supervised employees
- Support development, coordination, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting to donors and other relevant humanitarian actors
- Supervision and coordination of programme and support staff
- Monitoring and approval of project(s) expenditures
- Conduct assessments and fact-finding missions to set up new or follow-up projects
- As needed, support the preparation of project proposals for external donors
- Assisting in developing new programme initiatives and fundraising
- Ensure that the programmes are implemented in accordance with DRC standard regulations and operational procedures
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries, target groups and representatives of authorities is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Supervise implementation of the projects via monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure adherence to DRC Security procedures according to the DRC Operations Handbook and local security rules
Finance and Administration
- Ensure that budgets and budget lines allocated to Base Manager are designed in accordance with needs.
- Ensure that expenditures on the budgets and budget lines allocated to him/her are planned and properly managed.
Representation and coordination
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors, including UN agencies, INGOs and donors, through regular attendance at coordination meetings/clusters and bilateral meetings
- Foster relationships with new and existing local implementing partners
- Represent DRC as required
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’ core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- This position is for national candidates only
- Ideally at least 4-5 years of management experience in an INGO
- Internal candidates or candidates with previous DRC experience strongly preferred
- Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, international development, or economics)
- Experience managing field offices
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Experience and knowledge of good financial, procurement, safety and HR practiced in Ukraine and in humanitarian organizations
- Experience in project management and proven organizational skills
- Good knowledge of relevant donors
- Experience dealing with national partners and local/government authorities
- Professional background in working with internally displaced persons and/or refugees
- Good experience in training and liaising with national NGOs
- Experience working in multicultural work settings
- Full professional proficiency in English
Contract length: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Start date: January 2nd, 2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 09/12/2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.