The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) шукає керівника проекту з життєзабезпечення та продовольчої безпеки.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
We are looking for a highly qualified and motivated Livelihood and Food Security Project Manager to our office in Severodonetsk, Ukraine. The purpose of the LFS Project Manager position is to implement delegated LFS project portfolio, ensuring quality programming and coordination across NRC Ukraine country LFS programme and capacity building of programme staff.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Line management of Project Coordinators (PCs) and other senior project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and LFS strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant LFS projects.
- Coordinate and manage LFS project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the LFS PDM.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with PDM) and coordinate across CCs.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transmit key knowledge and skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant partners, local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Overall management of the LFS project in the East of Ukraine
- Ensuring donor grants are properly implemented in accordance with budget, logframe, planned activities and proposal objectives
- Coordinate, manage and implement the LFS projects according to strategy, proposals and plans.
- Develop annual/monthly activity and work plans; provide regular reports including suggestions for new and better ways to assist.
- Contribute to promoting integrated programmes (with other CCs – ICLA, Shelter/NFI) through systematic planning/cooperation with other programmes.
- Responsible for implementing technical direction as determined by the PDM, and ensuring high technical quality of projects, by identifying and implementing ways to improve programme quality and cost efficiency.
- Representation of LFS project to external stakeholders including UN agencies, INGOs and NGOs, local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Relevant university degree (economics, management, or business studies).
- At least 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position, preferably in a humanitarian/recovery context and LFS programmes.
- Experience in management of activities, staff and budgets.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
- Experience with LFS and coordination and advocacy work.
- Willingness to work in demanding and stressful situations.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian.
- In depth knowledge of the context in Ukraine.
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
We can offer:
Contract period: 12 months with possibility of extension depending on funding
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities
Duty station: Severodonetsk, Luhansk oblast, Ukraine
Please note that we will contact only with shortlisted candidates.