Проект USAID Економічний розвиток Східної України шукає висококваліфікованого фахівця з інформаційно-комунікаційних технологій на короткостроковий період з навантаженням приблизно 10 днів на місяць протягом 6 місяців.
DAI Global LLC (DAI) implements USAID-funded Economic Resilience Activity (USAID ERA), a five-year program (2018-2023) that supports the development of a resilient, inclusive, growth-oriented economy in eastern Ukraine by strengthening both market systems and social networks. Interventions funded by the Activity are implemented in partnership with local non-governmental organization (NGO), government, and private sector actors. Interventions under the Activity contribute to the economic stabilization of the region by supporting vulnerable populations’ participation in the economy, and providing relevant resources and training to improve human capital. The Activity also facilitates co-investments with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to build technical skills, reach new markets, and grow through sustainable and inclusive business models.
The Senior ICT Specialist will ensure that technology-related support to ERA beneficiaries/grantees is timely, compliant with USAID regulations, and implemented using best practices in ICT. This position requires significant experience in the ICT field, the capability to work in a rapidly evolving local context, liaise with government beneficiaries, complete detailed assessments, propose solutions, prepare reports and manage implementation and transfer objectives. The Senior ICT Specialist will work in a team environment and coordinate both with the Home Office, Grants management team, and IT specialists.
Objectives and Duties:
- Visit beneficiary institutions to conduct IT assessments per DAI procedures to assess existing IT systems, human resources, and the needs of potential beneficiary institutions;
- Determine possibility and strategy for integrating legacy systems into proposed donated IT systems;
- Provide detailed ICT Assessment Reports with recommendations;
- Propose solutions, specifications and configurations for IT donations to support various grantees in coordination with DAI Home Office team and per DAI standards;
- Provide guidance, advice and explanation to the ERA Management Team on proposed solutions;
- Prepare IT donation methodology and implementation plans, training methodology and plans per DAI standards, and procedures while working to ensure IT project sustainability;
- Manage or oversee implementation of proposed IT solutions, projects, and training events;
- Provide IT policies and procedures documentation drafts for beneficiaries if none exists, or suggest improvements in current policies and procedures;
- Oversee inventory of donated equipment, software and other solutions maintained by ERA administration & grants staff;
- Coordinate procurement and IT implementation plans with and help mitigate risks;
- Provide and implement Change Control Plans where necessary;
- Coordinate IT implementation with representatives of the beneficiary institutions and provide implementation reports;
- Manage necessary IT resources for implementation while respecting determined timelines and milestones;
- Research the capacity of local service providers to implement solutions, long term maintenance and training;
- Manage local service providers and oversee their work;
- Work with the ERA Project Management team and HO IT team to prepare necessary documentation including but not limited MOU documentation, Requests for Proposals, Requests for Quotes, evaluate Offers and provide Evaluation Reports, Quality and Quantity Acceptance or Transfer Agreements and ensure their proper execution;
- Upload reports, meeting notes, key documents and meeting information into the internal ERA Tamis database (as needed);
- Manage any temporary IT/ICT staff to support ICT project implementation;
- Train and work closely with the local IT to enable proper follow up on IT activities;
- Other tasks as determined necessary and in compliance with this SOW by the COP, DCOP, Grants Director, and DAI IT Specialist.
- University degree in computer science, or a relevant field.
- Experience in working with Government & non-government institutions and/or businesses in providing ICT solutions that support their business processes and needs.
- 5-8 years minimum experience in design and implementation of scalable IT systems (corporate to small business).
- Experience in implementation and project management of ICT initiatives.
- Knowledge of industry standard solutions for implementation and management of WAN/MAN/LAN environment, communication solutions, standard business applications, logical and physical security of IT systems.
- Experience with routers, switches, firewalls, remote access, network security and wireless.
- Knowledge of open source solutions (preferable).
- Knowledge of USAID regulations as related to IT procurement and project implementation (preferable).
- Experience in overseeing other service providers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and communication skills in both English and Ukrainian
Base of Operations:
- Position will be expected to frequently visit Eastern Ukraine government-controlled areas to conduct assessments at the beneficiareies locations. Reports to the Chief of Party or his designee.
Level of Effort
- Proposed LOE: 60 Days/ approximately10 days per monthPeriod of Performance
- October 1, 2019 – March 30, 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and Motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ICT Specialist in subject by Tuesday, October 01, 2019.