Проект USAID Економічна підтримка східної України шукає перекладача в м. Краматорськ.
- Project Background:
The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine in response to Russian aggression, which has disrupted critical market linkages, catalyzed the economic decline of previously dominant industries, and caused massive population disruption. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- OBJECTIVE 1: Provide assistance to stabilize the economy of eastern Ukraine
- OBJECTIVE 2: Support the sustainable development of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in eastern Ukraine
- OBJECTIVE 3: Build confidence in the future of the eastern Ukrainian economy
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the oblasts most affected by Russia’s aggression, Donetsk and Luhansk—together known as the “Donbas” region—but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives. See C.6 Geographic Targeting for a more comprehensive definition of “eastern Ukraine.”
The overall role of Russian/Ukrainian - English Interpreter/Translator is to support the USAID Economic Resilience team by assisting in communication needs, participating in qualitative data collection, and providing interpretation services for the project team. The Interpreter will travel with and support ERA senior management on a full-time schedule and provide consecutive/simultaneous translation services. The incumbent will also ensure that the senior management’s time is used in an effective and efficient manner. This position is responsible for helping to prioritize requests for the DCOP’s time and will require answering and triaging phone calls, emails, and other general communication. Finally, s/he will work closely with the Deputy Chief of party (DCOP) and Operations Manager to support administrative matters on a day-to-day basis.
Objectives and Duties:
- Support the daily administrative and operational needs of the Deputy Chief of Party to include, but not limited to: maintaining calendar schedules, handling emails, phone calls, correspondence and meeting coordination;
- Draft documents and correspondence in English and (or) Ukrainian languages upon senior management’s request;
- Capture notes, action items, and meeting minutes and entering them into TAMIS as needed;
- Read and rewrite technical documents in specified language, following established rules pertaining to factors such as word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics;
- Serve as interpreter at seminars, speeches, meetings, teleconferences, and symposia, providing consecutive or simultaneous translation between languages;
- Collaborate with colleagues to compile helpful information, including terms and definitions, into an organized glossary for regular reference during the translation process;
- Honor outlined ethical codes to ensure sensitive and confidential information remains secure and protected;
- Taking on special tasks as assigned.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of administrative assistant experience
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Prior translator/interpreter experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft platforms (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Translator/Interpreter in subject by COB Thursday, October 03, 2019.