Peace Corps Ukraine is a US government agency and seeks qualified and motivated candidates for the position of Principal Cashier (Cashier) in Kyiv.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Management and Operations (DMO), the Cashier performs the full range of Class B Cashier duties at the Peace Corps Ukraine office in Kyiv. The Cashier has full responsibility for the day-to-day management and safekeeping of Post’s Imprest fund, including making payments to staff, volunteers, and vendors. The Cashier is responsible for ensuring that all of these payments are valid, authorized, and properly documented and recorded. The Cashier serves as a liaison with local banks, PC Washington, and the Global Financial Services Center. The Cashier is also responsible for other financial and administrative tasks, including processing reimbursements, making internet banking payments, monitoring the work of sub-cashiers, and other duties as needed. The Cashier must be able to maintain confidentiality, meet strict deadlines, and be very detail-oriented. The Cashier will receive extensive training in Peace Corps cashiering policies, procedures, and regulations and will be required to pass a Class B Cashier exam after completion of the training process.
Start Date (Estimated): December 2019
Peace Corps Provides:
- Excellent salary and benefits package, including medical insurance;
- Regular training opportunities;
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-pace international organization.
- Preference will be given to citizens (or permanent residents) of Ukraine;
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking, or other related field;
- At least 3 years of accounting, finance, or other related experience, preferably with cash-handling experience;
- Experience maintaining electronic and/or paper files;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluent in Ukrainian; proficient in English, both written and oral;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, etc.);
- Willingness to work as part of a team;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
How to apply? All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 7, 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Peace Corps is an equal opportunity employer.