UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Business Development Specialist in Mariupol for the RPP’s Component 1 Economic Recovery and restoration of Critical Infrastructure.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, Economic Recovery and Restoration of Critical Infrastructure, the Business Development Specialist will support implementation of the RPP’s Component 1 activities aimed at fostering economic revitalisation in Eastern Ukraine and, specifically, stimulate employment and economic growth by providing support and assistance to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (hereinafter also - MSME).
Summary of key functions:
- Initiate, create and develop long-term relationships with local businesses to foster their capacity for production and investment while promoting skills for achieving gender equality agenda;
- Manage the implementation of entrepreneurship and MSME development activities of Component;
- Lead the design of the overall training programme for both aspiring and existing entrepreneurs;
- Maintain close liaison with the project stakeholders, ensuring optimum participation and promoting ownership of national authorities in the implementation of the Component 1 of RPP;
- Provide the professional platform for networking and partnership building with the national and local authorities, non-government, private sector and international development organizations or projects;
- Design, plan and upgrade entrepreneurship and enterprise development materials, training activities and plans, training programmes, other materials and tools to MSME development activities as required;
- Lead the design and deliver capacity development and training programmes with the support of other team members;
- Continually identify specific training needs and provide organisational support as required;
- Identify needs for start-up packages and non-financial business development services for entrepreneurs and lead the design and implementation of these tasks;
- Facilitate capacity building of entrepreneurs and small enterprises to address identified weaknesses;
- Ensures that project/programme contributes to the promotion of gender equality by reaching, involving and benefiting both women and men in its activities (gender mainstreaming)
- Arrange proper monitoring of results of the capacity building activities provided and ensure that all data gathered during project implementation is disaggregated by sex;
- Identify gaps and lead the design and delivery of business development services for entrepreneurs;
- Undertake regular and annual market assessments of training needs and market demands for entrepreneurship training, including the supply and demand for skills (soft, vocational, technical etc.);
- Prepare reports on completion of planned activities and provide inputs into narrative programmes and donor reports;
- Draft, monitor and manage activity budgets for entrepreneurship and training components of the project with the support/oversight from Programme Coordinator
- Support the design and implementation of the monitoring framework and plans as it relates to the tasks of Component 1 of the RPP;
- Perform any other related duties as required and assigned by the supervisor.
Measurable output of the work assignment:
- Full and appropriate implementation of the Component activities;
- Component results, experiences and lessons learned disseminated at the national and regional levels;
- Component reporting, quality monitoring and closure activities completed.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Component annual work plan is fully and timely implemented;
- Component funds delivery reached 100%;
- Component activities are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Public Administration, Law, Social Sciences and/or any other related fields;
- At least 3 years of progressive working experience in business development and/or implementation of projects in economic field, private sector development or any other relevant related fields;
- Experience of working in/with international organizations and/or multinational companies will be considered as an advantage;
- Familiarity with UNDP rules and regulations will be considered as advantage;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
This is locally recruited position and no expatriation benefits will apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 15 October 2019.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.