Представництво ООН в Україні шукає National Consultant.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been active and present in eastern Ukraine for the past decade, prior to the conflict, with a focus on community development, civil society development, and environmental protection. Work on addressing the specific conflict-related development challenges discussed above built on this earlier engagement, established partnerships, and started in 2015 through the Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (RPP). The RPP is a multi-donor funded framework programme formulated and led by the UNDP in collaboration with the Government of Ukraine and in cooperation with a number of partnering UN agencies (UN Women, FAO, UNFPA).
The RPP was designed to respond to, and mitigate, the causes and effects of the conflict. It is based on findings of the Recovery and Peacebuilding Assessment (RPA) and is aligned to the State Target Programme for Recovery as well as to the two oblast development strategies up to 2020. It takes into account the opportunities that have arisen from the Minsk Protocol of September 2014 and the renewal of its cease-fire provisions (the latest cease-fire having been agreed in March 2018) and is also fully adjusted to the humanitarian-development nexus. It is an integral component of the UNDP Country Programme and is therefore fully aligned with the United Nations Partnership Framework (UNPF). It is closely interlinked with the Democratic Governance and Reform Programme, operating nationally and in all of Ukraine’s regions, and is consistent with the SDGs.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The overall objectives of this assignment are:
- Monitor development progress of key value chain links within the prioritized sector of economy (Ceramic production) in Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts (GCAs);
- Identify development needs of the key value chain links and recommend interventions to address these needs;
- Contribute to preparation of the value chain development strategy within the prioritized sector of economy (Ceramic production) in Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts (GCAs).
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES / SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, Economic Recovery and Restoration of Critical Infrastructure the Consultant shall perform the following tasks:
- Develop a detailed work plan and agree it with the direct supervisor;
- Identify existing and newly created value chain (VC) links within the prioritized sector (Ceramic production) on a regular basis. Maintain and expand a database of such entities;
- Analyse market parameters of the ceramic sector in the target region: functional producers and key customers, feedstock availability, distribution channels, products and prices, partnerships and supporting services. Update such analysis on monthly basis;
- Identify the needs to develop the functional VC in the ceramic sector in the targeted region and prepare an action plan to address these needs. Recommend appropriate interventions and guidelines. Develop monitoring criteria to evaluate success of such interventions;
- Analyse export processes and potential (market trends, supply and demand balance, etc.) within the prioritized sector of economy (Ceramic production). Support search and establishment of business contacts between the key VC links in the ceramic sector in the targeted region and relevant entities outside the target region;
- Monitor industry-specific marketing, exhibition, networking and business development activities in Ukraine and abroad on monthly basis. Recommend participation of the key VC links and VC-related entities;
- Monitor legal situation, changes in the applicable legislation and regulations that may influence the development of the entities in the prioritized sector of economy (Ceramic production);
- Support implementation of business development activities within the prioritized sector of economy in the targeted region;
- Collect and disseminate success stories of MSMEs from the target and other regions within the ceramic sector VC;
- Develop monthly digests on main opportunities and risks for the development of key VC in the prioritized sector of economy (Ceramic production) in the targeted region;
- Provide, upon the request of the Programme staff, all the required information regarding the implementation of activities (specifically to inform stakeholders about progress and results);
- Prepare, submit and get approval by the direct supervisor a comprehensive report (single spacing, Noto Sans or Arial font, size 11, Ukrainian language) on results of the assignment that includes, but is not limited to the following components:
- Background, scope and objectives of work
- Key findings and conclusions
- Recommendations for further actions.
PROPOSED PAYMENT SCHEDULE
UNDP will pay the amount based on daily fee and actual number of working days in a month. Payments must be supported by a duly completed time sheet.
The payments will be paid upon the full completion and acceptance of contractual obligations where upon the Programme Coordinator signs the certification of acceptance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 21 October 2019.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.