The F&A Officer assists Finance & Administration Manager and Managing Director in financial, administrative and other operational issues.
WWF is the world’s largest conservation organization, founded in 1961. We’re active in over 100 countries and have over 7700 employees. WWF Central and Eastern Europe is responsible for leading and to a significant extent implementing WWF’s efforts to preserve, restore and sustainably manage the natural values of the Danube-Carpathian ecoregion, which we also call the Green Heart of Europe. With a team of 160 highly specialised professionals, we are working across political borders through an ecoregional approach based on model projects, influencing policy, networking, capacity building, communication and crisis response.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative and Financial Duties:
- Support that appropriate insurance cover is available for to cover identified work-related risk areas. Coordinate the relationship with Health & Safety external provider and ensure WWF Ukraine practices are in line with local legal requirements, in terms of health & safety.
- Coordinate the relationship with the health insurance provider, as well as the subscription of new employees and termination of subscriptions upon employment end.
- Responsible for maintenance of the office and office equipment, purchase of consumables and other office supplies, courier and other communications services, management of the rent contract, landline services, cleaning services;
- Responsible for checking expense reports;
- Maintains several databases;
- Ensures providing required primary payment documents from project staff to accountant;
- Coordinates waste management (kitchen, selective and garden waste system);
- Assists in organizing seminars, workshops, meetings, travels;
- Support for keeping track of the holiday number for WWF UA and preparation of reports;
- Plays the role of focal point on IT support;
- Responsible for drafting and maintenance of staff/consultants contracts and assists contract payment accordingly;
- Assists in processing donor and consultants contracts;
- Updates contract/commitment lists;
- Provides maintenance of appropriate system of confidential personnel files and coordinate the draft and signature of new contracts/addendum to contracts and any other contractual related paperwork with employees.
III. Minimum Qualifications
- Adheres to the WWF mission, as well LIVES the WWF DCP’s Values: People Empowerment, Trust, Impact Driven, Responsibility and Standard of Excellence.
- Knowledge: University degree in Finance, Administration or related fields or last year student.
- Experience: 1-2 year of similar experience in an international environment – administrative, office management, and or financial/ accounting field.
- Skills and Abilities: Excellent organization skills, well organized and very accurate work style, good analytical skills, ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision. Good interpersonal skills. Experience with the usual Microsoft Office tools, particularly Word and Excel. A very good level of written and spoken English.
- Possibility to have a meaningful job
- Friendly and professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A competitive salary according to NGO standards
- Flexible working hours planning
- 25 working days vocations
- Medical insurance
- Swimming pool/gym
- Friendly motivated team
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV in English and cover letter stating your interest in this position (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org theme “F&A Officer” no later than 28th of March. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.For more information about WWF Ukraine, kindly check the website: wwf.ua