The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Program Coordinator to be based in Kyiv and support a U.S. government funded project.
Title: Program Coordinator (full-time, pending funding confirmation)
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Starting Date: September 2020
Duration: 24 months, with possibility of extension
Brief description of Programme: American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) is independent, nonprofit organization registered in USA. The mission of ABA ROLI is to promote justice, economic opportunity and human dignity through the rule of law.
ABA ROLI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
Since 1990, we have worked in Europe & Eurasia (where we began our work as CEELI) on an array of rule of law and legal reform programs.
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Program Coordinator to be based in Kyiv and support a U.S. government funded project. The Coordinator will manage daily communications with local partners and take a lead role in program activities.
- Manages day-to-day communications with local partners;
- Provide support for program start-up and close-out;
- Administer the programmatic aspects of subawards, including developing RFAs, reviewing applications and conducting pre-award due diligence, award implementation, and close-out;
- Actively engage with subgrantees to ensure effective implementation of subgrant activities, including frequent communication, reviewing programmatic reports, and making site visits;
- Work with field financial manager to support financial activities as needed, including program budgeting;
- Communicate consistently with country director, program manager, and DC-based program staff;
- Support outreach and communications activities;
- Administer Performance Monitoring and Evaluation plan for program, including monitoring activities, collecting and analyzing data, and leading frequent evaluation check-ins with ABA ROLI DC and donors; and
- Work with other program staff and program director to produce monthly and quarterly programmatic reports.
- Higher degree from an accredited university in law, international relations, international economics management or related fields, and at least 3-5 years of progressive experience;
- Experience working on donor funded foreign assistance programs, preferably rule of law reform and youth programming;
- Strong experience administering grants programs and knowledge of donor regulations;
- Experience developing and delivering workshops and facilitating working groups;
- Experience with establishing and supporting local or regional networks preferred;
- Must be a self-starter and comfortable working independently;
- Excellent communication skills and ability stay in close coordination with program staff in Ukraine and in the U.S.;
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with legal institutions, government officials, and international and local NGOs; and
- Must be fluent in Ukrainian and English.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com . Please include “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative