Старший радник для IFES. Дедлайн - 29 травня 2020 року.
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking applications to fill in position of Senior Advisor. The Senior Advisor under the management of the Country Director and the supervision of the Deputy Country Director will lead on all substantive issues relating to legal reform in Ukraine. The Senior Advisor will represent IFES at the national and international level, and ensure IFES leadership and support to various legal reform drafting, analysis, and implementation processes. The Senior Advisor will work with the IFES Legal Advisors team - the Senior International Advisor and the Legal Officer.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead in providing substantive input on key programmatic activities, including electoral law reform, election commission training, political finance reform training, and all other election reform related activities.
• Draft analyses and thought pieces on current election-related development for distribution to stakeholders.
• Act as IFES Ukraine’s expert on all electoral matters related to the Constitution, election laws, rules, regulations and procedures.
• Provide research, analysis, advice and written and verbal presentations on legal and electoral matters.
• Draft model legislation, regulations and procedures for consideration by the relevant stakeholders.
• Assist in strengthening the overall electoral environment and legal framework in Ukraine through effective and timely reform.
• Represent IFES at national and international events by doing speeches, presentations, participating in Q/A sessions both live and online.
• Be IFES’ liaison at the Verkhovna Rada and be able to present IFES’ position within parliamentary circles.
• Support key Ukrainian institutions, including the Parliament, Central Election Commission and the National Agency for the Prevention of Corruption.
• Provide advice to the Country Director, other IFES staff and other international experts on any other issue related to Ukraine’s electoral and reform process.
• Ensure IFES leadership role in all election reform developments in Ukraine.
• Maintain strong relationships with Ukrainian and international stakeholders from civil society and government.
• Oversee short-term local consultants in election reform related efforts;
• Contribute to the design and implementation of IFES subawards and regular programmatic reporting;
• Represent IFES at various public forums in and outside of Ukraine, including international events, working groups and roundtable events, as well as in discussions with the CEC, civil society partners, and other electoral stakeholders.
• Contribute to the collection of monitoring and evaluation data.
• Perform other tasks upon request by the Country Director.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- Ability and skills to promote and inspire effective collaboration between individuals, organizations and networks.
- Strong diplomacy skills and cultural sensitivity.
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness;
- Strong analytical reasoning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues, counterparts and partners;
- Willingness to adhere to principles of confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record with democracy and governance programming.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior government officials, local governments, NGOs, and/or the international donor community.
- Experience working with civil society organizations specifically as relates to strengthening their technical capacity in aspects of electoral processes.
- Experience of speaking at public events is obligatory.
- Familiarity with the international donor community and experience as an action-oriented interlocutor with democracy-development actors at all levels.
- Excellent knowledge of Ukraine’s legal and electoral framework and community; familiarity with international standards for elections and best practices.
- Experience in legal drafting and in providing senior briefings on electoral and legal issues.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with “Senior Advisor” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman vZhyman@ifes.org copying Maksym Palamarchuk at mPalamarchuk@ifes.org no later than May, 29th 2020, 23:59 Kyiv time.