Заступник директора з операційної діяльності для IFES. Дедлайн - 29 травня 2020 року.
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking applications to fill in position of Deputy Head of Operations. The Deputy Head of Operations shall oversee the execution of all IFES Ukraine’s operations related to its program activities in line with approved proposals, budgets, and local legislature. The Deputy Head of Operations will work closely with the HR, Procurement, Finance and Administrative teams to ensure IFES’ operations are compliant with internal and donor requirements and are conducted in a timely and appropriate manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee all HR, reporting, administration, procurement, financial management, and operations functions of the IFES Ukraine program;
• Provide day-to-day management of the operations team: support, direct and guide the team as needed;
• Lead on local staff recruitment, capacity development and annual review process;
• Ensure that IFES internal records and regulations/policies are up to date and in line with local legislation, IFES and donor policies, as well as support liaising and responding to HQ and donor requests;
• Oversee and coordinate procurement actions, including commodities, long- and short-term service providers, consultants, and sub-grants, to ensure they meet donor and IFES regulations;
• Work with program and procurement teams to ensure procurement processes are in line with IFES’ and donor policies, understood by staff, and processed effectively;
• Assist with budget analysis and developing pipelines;
• Work with finance staff to ensure that financial management and reporting is accurate, timely and well documented;
• Ensure that donor-specified reporting requirements are met with coordination between field and HQ-based program staff. This includes drafting/editing, and quality control of biweekly, midterm, and final reports to donors as well as regular promotional pieces
• Coordinate with program teams to ensure effective planning, compliance, and execution of operational functions.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
• The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision
• Business awareness and numerical ability
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
• Value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
• Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
• Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically
• Excellent attention to detail and deadlines;
• Experience in optimizing and overseeing financial and procurement systems;
• Strong background in HR, financial administration, office management and procurement;
• Ability to manage staff and work with senior management
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s Degree in relevant field.
• Minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in HR and/or operations.
• Demonstrated financial management/accounting skills/procurement experience.
• Excellent management skills.
• Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in managing components of international development funded programming.
• Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills to meet the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Experienced in organizing events, logistics, and managing personnel.
• Ability and skills to promote and inspire effective collaboration between individuals, organizations and networks;
• Strong diplomacy skills;
• Experience working on UK/USAID/Canada-funded programs a plus;
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with “Deputy Head of Operations” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman vZhyman@ifes.org copying Maksym Palamarchuk at mPalamarchuk@ifes.org no later than May, 29th 2020, 23:59 Kyiv time. We will consider candidates on a rolling basis.