Данську Раду у справах біженців шукає Protection Assistant.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking forexperiencedProtection Assistant for it’s Area office based in Mariupol.
Protection Assistant will be part of the DRC Protection Team in Mariupol and will work under the management, guidance and supervision of DRC’s national Protection Manager. The Protection Assistant will support the Protection Officer and Protection Manager in timely and quality implementation of protection activities in southern Donetsk oblast. This position will be based in Mariupol with frequent travel to field locations.
Protection Assistant will focus on support Targeted Individual Assistance (TIA) to the conflict affected population, implementation of the community-based initiatives (CBIs), Organization and delivery of protection programme activities, regular contribution to planning and reporting on programme activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Implementation of protection activities
- Implement of all protection activities, including but not limited to case management, needs assessment, psycho-social support, assistance to conflict-affected population – individuals and community.
- Contribute to the design of clear weekly and monthly plans for the implementation of all protection activities;
- Support the organization and delivery of project activities;
- Support the Protection Officer in implementation of Community-Based Initiatives (CBIs);
- Contribute to the process of developing tools, guidelines and SOPs relevant for protection work;
- Manage individual cases, provide advice and guidance as well as referrals to beneficiaries on issues related to accessing required services.
Training and capacity building
- Support Protection Programme in activities related to the implementation of training activities with a focus on psychosocial support, including documentation, procurement and logistical arrangements;
- Contribute to the development of training materials and tools;
- Assist in training for government and NGO stakeholders, social workers, psychologists in psychosocial support methodology;
- Design information leaflets, brochures, training modules for awareness raising activities.
Internal/External Coordination and Representation
- Establish and maintain coordination with local authorities, local and international NGOs when/if required;
- Represent projects in relevant coordination meetings when requested;
- Support with occasional document translation and provide interpretation support to Protection Coordinator during meetings, trainings, and other project activities.
Reporting & Accountability
- Collect and maintain project data ensuring the highest standards of data protection and confidentiality. Insert the collected information into the database when needed;
- Contribute to drafting reports, analyses of statistical data and proposal writing;
- Produce high quality and timely reports for DRC and donors within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant DRC policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection, the code of conduct, and security.
Perform other relevant tasks as requested by Protection Team Leader or Protection Coordinator.
We expect you to have minimum 2 years of working experience in psychosocial support programmes or social work, supporting vulnerable groups of populations as part of local or international organizations; strong facilitation skills and experience in working with conflict affected population.
Required experience and competencies:
• University degree in psychology, social work, education or equivalent.
• Good writing and analytical skills;
• Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
• Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and resilience;
• Fluency in Ukrainian and good command of English – both oral and written.
• (I)NGO experience is preferred.
• Confident user of computers and office software packages.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Fixed-Term Labour Contract
Under the Employment Band I
Contract length: 5 months with possible extension (3 months is a probation period)
Start date: ASAP
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Please apply by following the link:https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationForm.aspx?cid=1036&departmentId=19100&ProjectId=159020
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries.
We pride ourselves on our:
• Professionalism, impact & expertise
• Humanitarian approach & the work we do
• Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
• Culture, values & strong leadership