Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. We offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF Ukraine is looking for:
- Provide a 1st and 2nd level help desk management system (support) and training to users (on software, hardware, telecom problems, etc.) in order to satisfy their needs, ensure fluent communications in the mission as well as the correct use, maintenance and running of IT equipment’s and networks.
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance activities (checkup, cleaning, etc.), managing and updating a small stock of spare parts and replacing obsolete materials when necessary, of ICT environments, telecom and hardware equipment, according to MSF policies and procedures in place at any time.
- Ensure updating and upgrading activities in order to ensure that all the users and their equipment on the network are standardized with respect to virus protection, software, hardware and network configuration.
- Together with the line manager, analyze the ICT needs of the organization, draw up a draft of the ICT budget, and design an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology.
- Study the ICT market in country, comparing prices and quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local assistance. Create and maintains a contact network of ICT providers in order to ensure communications and ICT local purchase quality.
- Identify and implement Information management practices to enhance the organization’s system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, checkup, deployment of applications, systems or new ICT standards, etc.).
- Essential, advanced diploma in IT.
- Desirable degree in technical engineering.
- At least 2 years in IT related jobs.
- Upper intermediate in English (oral and written).
- Desirable experience in administration and recovery of backups (MS, C&A, Veritas, etc.)
- Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux)
- MS Office 2003/2007/2010
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components -switch and routers-, Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Apps development languages: platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and periphery
- Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus
- Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.
- Antivirus: Kaspersky
- Other: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access.
Type of agreement: Civil law agreement — three (3) months extendable (13 months, renewable) with labor agreement.
Gross monthly salary (before taxation): 23808 UAH.
Closing date: September 22, 2020 (due to the urgency of this position the recruitment can be finalized before the closing date of the position).