Продовольча та сільськогосподарська організація ООН (ФАО) шукає:
National Consultant Agric Sociologist
Ukraine home-based with with frequent in-country travel
WAE 70 days until 31 Dec 2020
General Description of task(s) and objectives to be achieved
FAO is looking for a national consultant. Under the overall responsibility and supervision of the FAO Representative for Ukraine, the direct supervision of the Country Programme Coordinator, under technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer of the project TCP/UKR/3801. The project will develop grant and credit schemes for agribusiness support in value chain development for small-scale vc actors with a focus on the project beneficiaries - i.e. value chain actors - in the context of their socio-economic setting and background in the communities they live in.
Grant and Credit schemes for agribusiness support in value chain development for small-scale vc actors.
Tasks and responsibilities:
With a focus on the project beneficiaries - i.e. value chain actors - in the context of their socio-economic setting and background in the communities they live in, the national consultant shall:
- Contribute to the methodology design and implementation of the investment needs assessments for vc actors.
- Appraise the capacity building needs at farmers level relating to the development, competitiveness, financing, inclusiveness and improved impacts of agribusiness and value chain development.
- Contribute to the tailored strategy and procedures for matching grants, with special attention for the social acceptability and impact of the grant system in the community.
- Provide an overview of the current national capacity of extension services and training; analyse the current level of producer organization, and the interest, need and benefit thereof.
- Identify activities to strengthen value chain governance, linkages between actors, collective action, and potential implementing partners.
- Support the design of complementary activities and instruments to enhance sustainability of investments and enable financial inclusion of the target population.
- Degree in agric sociology, rural development studies, or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in the Ukraine - in the field.
- Fluency in Russian and Ukrainian, working knowledge of English.
- Candidates to be called for interviews will be shortlisted against the Minimum Requirements
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: FAO-UA@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
HOW TO APPLY
The following documentation should be sent, no later than Tuesday, 22 September 2020, to the following e-mail address: FAO-UA@fao.org
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter.