Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international humanitarian non-governmental organization that promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems of refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Since 2014, DRC has been working in Ukraine with the goal of providing immediate support to internally displaced persons (IDPs) and the affected population in the east of the country. The head office of the DRC in Ukraine is located in Kyiv, the program branches are in Mariupol, Sloviansk and Severodonetsk.
DRC Ukraine is looking for a Project Officer for its country office in Kyiv.
Overall purpose of the role
- The Project Officer will be responsible to ensure the high quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all activities, including, but not limited to, capacity needs assessment, thematic meetings, trainings and workshops, oversight of the work of experts and consultants, under the project output 1.1 and will work under the direct supervision of Cross-Border Capacity Building Programme Manager.
- S/he will also be responsible to develop and maintain good relations with the MRTOT, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support high quality implementation and coordination of the project.
- This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation of project respective activities while following the work plan and budget
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donor
- Participate in project monitoring and evaluation exercises
- Participate in preparation of project communication and visibility materials
Coordination and representation
- Develop and maintain good relations with the project beneficiaries, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of the project activities
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external stakeholders and technical experts on project relevant issues
- Coordinate with other DRC-DDG sectors/programmes
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of project staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
- Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment of members of the team.
- Implements the Programme Manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the Programme Manager.
- Cross-Border Capacity Building Programme Manager
Required experience and competencies
- University degree (e.g. political science, international development, or social science) or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in sectors of peacebuilding, capacity building, good governance and/or policy analysis working for an INGO
- Good knowledge of IDPs integration and reintegration issues in Ukraine
- Proven practical experience in monitoring and evaluation of strategies, action plans, programmes, etc.
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Fixed-Term Labour Contract. Duration 6 monthswith 3 months as a probation period. The availability of the position and the start of the employment are subject to donor’s approval of the project.
- Medical insurance
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
To apply please follow the link: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationFo…
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Application deadline: January 20, 2021