The Junior Consultant will support the project in tracking and monitoring progress toward the achievement of key results as agreed in the annual work plan and support the project’s data collection/reporting from national players (NSHU, OMH, CPA). The incumbent will support promoting best practices across key stakeholders by ensuring adequate use of quality data to inform supply chain performance management and timely decision making. The incumbent will support innovation under SAFEMed through the development of tools and analysis of lessons learned through routine monitoring and evaluation and implementation experience.
To support the MOH efforts, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract for Safe, Affordable, and Effective Medicines for Ukrainians (SAFEMed) to Management Sciences for Health (MSH) in September 2017. SAFEMed applies health system-strengthening best practices to create evidence-based interventions and strengthen Ukraine’s pharmaceutical system in line with the MOH’s health care reform objectives. SAFEMed has three primary project objectives working in unison towards achieving sustained epidemic control given constraints related to COVID-19:
1) Strengthening governance within the pharmaceutical sector of Ukraine
2) Optimizing the financing of the pharmaceutical sector
3) Increasing the availability and appropriate use of medicines in Ukraine.
For PY5, the incumbent will support the MEL Senior Advisor to document the project pivot from a pharmaceutical/supply chain system strengthening project to support humanitarian efforts in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. This will include assisting in the development of a learning agenda and knowledge management plan. Additionally, the incumbent will assist in writing technical briefs and special studies that examine how the project supports access to essential medicines for patients and ensures the supply chain of producers, distributers, and retail pharmacies.
Services to be Provided
- Provide general support to the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Senior Advisor to implement SAFEMed Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan.
- Assist in ensuring timely and accurate reporting to the project leadership and USAID through regular quarterly and annual reporting of the MEL Plan indicators.
- Support project performance management by ensuring s/he actively contributes and advises the rest of the project through regular performance assessment including analysis of the MEL Plan indicators and other project indicators, understanding of challenges and identification of corrective action.
- Support the implementation of innovations and identification of best practices through small research studies and assessment of pilots.
- Assist in monitoring the annual work plans with indicators, baselines and targets, established as outcome, output and intervention levels.
- Assist in the development of tools to effectively collect, aggregate, or visual data for program improvement.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (a graduate or young professional)
- A good command of English and Ukrainian language (oral and written)
- Attention to detail
- MS Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required;
- Experience with statistical analytical software preferred (STATA, SPSS, SAS, R, etc);
- Experience with interactive data visualization software preferred (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Proactive working style
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Critical thinking;
- Collaborative approach and team spirit
- Productivity and accountability
- Ability to analyze, process and synthesize a big amount of information and data;
- Fast learner and open mindset
- Stress resilient
The Junior Consultant will report directly to the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Senior Advisor.
Duties Performance Location Remotely, no business trips
Timeframe May 1, 2022 – September 30, 2022
Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to send their CVs and motivation letters in English only to: [email protected]. The position is open till filled. Past performance references would be an advantage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.