SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organization, we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health, and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 137 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families, and caregivers each year.
Following the war in Ukraine and the immense humanitarian needs resulting from it, we are looking for an experienced and committed Emergency Response Manager
- Type of contract: Employment Contract
- Duration: 6−12 months
Mission The Emergency Response Manager leads and coordinates the start-up, design, and implementation of SOS CV emergency response to the war in Ukraine. He/she also ensures effective internal and external coordination as well as identification of program priorities according to the humanitarian needs, SOS CV core commitments, and in line with the organization’s policies as well as national and international regulations, standards, and principles.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Emergency Response Management
- Leads needs and rapid assessment activities and conducts situation assessment
- Is responsible for the planning and design of the emergency response project including the development of project plans, log frame, budgets, etc.
- Oversees the start-up and implementation of emergency response activities and closely monitors, evaluates, reports their development
- Provides technical support for field staff in planning and implementation of the program through regular meetings and field visits (if feasible)
- Is responsible to collect local level security information from relevant local and national sources and to take adequate safety and security measures for staff and beneficiaries
- Ensures adherence to SOS CV policies and procedures as well as to international humanitarian standards and principles
Coordination and Reporting
- Ensures smooth and effective collaboration among all SOS CV actors and member associations involved in the emergency response in Ukraine and neighboring countries.
- Actively participates and coordinates in relevant national and local emergency response clusters/coordination meetings with (I)NGOs, UN agencies, and government offices and ensures positive collaboration and working relationships with pertinent government offices
- Ensures regular reporting on program activities and on the financial situation
- Participates in staff recruitment and provides onboarding for newly recruited staff
- Identifies capacity gaps in HR structures such as technical expertise
- Holds regular reviews and performance appraisal with project staff to assess performance and identifies areas for development.
- Provides training and capacity building opportunities for project staff
- Ensures budgets are in line with planned activities and correspond to the needs in the field.
- Approves financial and procurement requests from the field staff as per SOS guidelines.
- Is responsible for regular budget follow-up and ensures that expenses are in line with the budget
- University degree in Humanitarian / Disaster risk Management or Development Studies, Social Sciences, agricultural economics, or equivalent working experience
- 3−5 years of experience in leading and coordinating humanitarian aid and/or development work in multi-cluster INGOs
- Experience or education in one of the following fields is an asset: child protection in emergencies, Cash and Voucher Assistance Livelihood, food security, MHPSS
- Experience and knowledge of emergency response project management including emergency needs assessment, project design, development, and implementation
- Commitment to humanitarian principles & standards and to the values of SOS SV
- Strong leadership, team building, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, work under pressure and cope with stress
- Experience in establishing strong and effective working relationships with colleagues from different backgrounds and culture
- Proficiency in English; Ukrainian, Russian or Polish is an advantage
- Willingness to potentially work in a volatile security environment
- A diverse and international working environment
- Remuneration that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV in English “[email protected]” by May 20, 2022