Project Title: “Protection of internally displaced persons (IDPs) and the population affected by the conflict, community empowerment”
Organization: NGO “The Tenth of April”, UNHCR implementing partner
Job Title: PI Officer
Duty Station: Ukraine, Odesa
“The Tenth of April” (TTA) is a non-governmental organization implementing a UNHCR program to improve the protection of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) affected by conflict through legal, social, psychological, and humanitarian assistance, facilitating legislation changes and engaging communities in response to emergencies, and finding long-term solutions, in cooperation with and supporting the authorities, focusing primarily on the most vulnerable groups.
We seek a dynamic and proactive team player with a strong interest in communication and self-development in IDPs issues.
There are seven broad areas of responsibility for the Public Information Officer:
- Work on media partnerships with outside entities to create and distribute content supporting IDPs and refugees through broader distribution channels, including video and primarily through social media.
- Actively pitching stories, interviews and op-eds, mostly at the state and local level with influential individuals in communities throughout the country.
- Coordinating and supporting public engagement campaigns.
- Serving as an on the record spokesperson for NGO “The Tenth of April” with the media in cooperation with the Head Public Information Officer.
- Monitoring and leading communications activities.
- Analysing and selection of effective tags.
- Initiation of measures to increase the efficiency of social networks.
The PI Officer as the team member is expected to:
- Assist in developing and implementation of the communications strategies, campaigns, events and other initiatives in support of TTA’s strategic objectives.
- Maintaining social media profiles (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.).
- Planning and creating a content plan.
- Generation and design of content (text, photos, videos, infographics, etc.), writing posts, and creating Stories.
- Promoting accounts, increasing the target audience, and attracting traffic to the site.
- Setting up Google Ads campaigns.
- Filling in the reporting documents.
- In collaboration with other team members conduct other activities in order to find the best durable solution for the concerned population.
- Master or bachelor degree.
- Knowledge of the main trends of social networks and the ability to apply them at work.
- Ability to analyze the audience and understand its interests.
- Confident work in advertising offices Google, Facebook and YouTube;
- General understanding of the UNHCR mission and mandate.
- Experience with analytics, analysis of the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Must-have instruments: Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads; practical knowledge of any other instrument will be a plus.
- Experience in content creation.
- Efficiency, organisational skills and detail orientated.
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to write enchanting stories and promo texts.
- Passion for content marketing, social media.
- Tolerant behavior in order to respect individuals of various cultures, ages, genders, races, religions, traditions.
- Negotiating Skills in order to facilitate processes with the project stakeholders who have various levels of power and decision-making capacities, to open discussions on sensitive issues.
- Team Working in order to generate problem-solving strategies, provide with constructive feedback, etc.
The selected PI Officer will be based with the project team in Odesa and work under the Head PI officer supervision.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation and CV in English to [email protected] indicating “PI Officer” in the subject of the email.
The deadline for applications is 05Jun2022.
“The Tenth of April” seeks to sustain its workforce diversity. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.