Reconstruction Activity Manager
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions Program in Ukraine
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a six-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI works with the wide spectrum of anti-corruption stakeholders, including the specialized anti-corruption bodies, governmental institutions at national and local levels, the private sector, and civil society watchdog organizations. SACCI seeks to promote transparency and accountability during the time of the Russia’s aggression and the Ukraine reconstruction efforts.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
Reconstruction Activity Manager will be responsible for leading and managing SACCI’s activities supporting Ukrainian counterpart organizations in creating the conditions and systems for transparent and accountable recovery and reconstruction efforts and the delivery of humanitarian aid of Ukraine. The Manager will coordinate with SACCI’s partners and provide them with technical support and expertise and will provide technical oversight of SACCI’s contractors and grantees in these areas.
This is the fulltime position for the period of 12 months with a possible extension for up to 6 months.
• Manage SACCI activities related to identification and mitigation of corruption risks associated with the recovery and reconstruction of Ukraine and delivery of humanitarian aid.
• Manage SACCI activities related to establishing and maintaining a transparent and accountable system for coordination and technical support of Ukraine’s recovery and reconstruction as well as provision of humanitarian aid at central and local levels.
• Lead, manage and coordinate SACCI activities in providing organizational and technical support to the National Council for the Recovery of Ukraine from the Effects of War, in particular the Anti-Corruption Policy Working Group of the Council.
• Provide support in operationalizing policy decisions related to corruption risk mitigation measures in recovery and reconstruction and delivery of humanitarian aid.
• Provide technical oversight of the performance of SACCI’s grantees, partners, sub-contractors, and consultants to ensure timely and quality implementation of the activities in line with SACCI’s objectives and standards in the areas of ensuring transparency and accountability of the recover and reconstruction efforts and humanitarian aid provision.
• Ensure quality of the products and deliverables produced within the project framework in the areas of responsibilities.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships and cooperation with NACP and other governmental agencies, which lead GoU efforts to ensure the integrity of reconstruction and transparency and accountability of humanitarian aid provision.
• Contribute to developing project deliverables and reports including but not limited to project work plan, performance reports, project fact sheets, success stories and other deliverables and reports when required.
• Perform other relevant duties on as needed basis.
• Master’s degree in law, public administration, accounting and financial management, or other relevant fields is required.
• Familiarity with the Ukraine anti-corruption legal framework, institutional infrastructure, policies and initiatives.
• Minimum five years of technical experience in the field of anti-corruption, public administration, financial audit or related area is required.
• Experience in managing implementation of the projects in the fields of anti-corruption, legal, or public administration reforms.
• Previous experience with international technical assistance projects or development organizations is a strong asset.
• Excellent analytical and writing skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines (time-management, reporting, negotiations skills).
• Fluency Ukrainian and proficiency in English is required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – 10 September 2022, 18:00 Kyiv time*
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com