The Charity Foundation “NEW WAY” is a non-profit non-governmental organization working in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our main focus is the implementation of projects in the areas of WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene).
Duration: till December 31, 2022, with the possibility of extension
Probation period: 1 month
The Storekeeper will perform activities to manage stocks (receipt, storage, and delivery of supplies, food and non-food products and/or other materials) and supervise the daily workers following the instructions of the line manager and NW standards.
- Receive and check incoming supplies in the warehouse against the delivery note and report any issues;
- Sort, organize and store incoming supplies in the proper location, taking into account safety and accessibility aspects;
- Prepare stock requested to be released and make it ready for dispatch ahead of delivery times;
- Supervise daily workers when they are working in the warehouse, and ensure attendance sheets are signed by the workers properly;
- Update warehouse register on a daily basis to ensure all warehouse stock transactions are correctly recorded;
- Report damaged or missing inventory to the line manager;
- Keep the facility, equipment, and materials neat, clean, orderly, and report any issues;
- Work as an active team member to complete team goals;
- Any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
Required background and competencies:
- Secondary school diploma
- Good computer literacy (MS Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Minimum two years experience in Storekeeping, Warehousing, Transport or Logistics.
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Operate heavy machinery like forklifts to move or store inventory is an asset;
- Holding a driver’s license – category B would be an asset;
- Forklift driving experience would be an asset.
How to apply: please send your CV and Cover letter to [email protected]
Please note that interviews will be conducted on a rolling base until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.