Громадськаорганізація «Десятеквітня» є Виконавчим Партнером Агенції ООН у справахбіженців та в рамках проекту «Захистбіженців, шукачівпритулку та осіббез громадянства в Одеськійобласті» оголошує конкурс на посаду юриста.
Дедлайн – 02 жовтня 2022 р. (далі – на англ.)
The NGO “The Tenth of April” (“DESYATE KVITNYA”) announces the vacancy for the position of a lawyer for the project implemented under the partnership with UNHCR in Ukraine “Protection for for refugees, asylum seekers and stateless persons in Odesa region”.
The lawyer will have a responsibility over the legal assistance for asylum seekers and refugees in the Odessa. Employment in the project will cover 100% of work time.
This project seeks to facilitate the establishment of the effective asylum system in Ukraine through improvement of the institutional capacity of state authorities to deal with refugees and asylum seekers and enhancement of the access to legal assistance and legal remedies for refugees and asylum seekers.
The lawyer will be directly involved in providing legal assistance to asylum seekers and refugees, and maintaining cooperation with key stakeholders on the issue of refugees’ rights protection.
• Holding registration of persons of concern;
• Holding interviews and drafting legal assessments of the cases;
• Providing primary and secondary legal assistance for asylum seekers and refugees, including legal counselling, administrative assistance, litigation support;
• Timely and qualified implementation of all the project activities;
o Representation of interests of the persons of concern before the state authorities;
o Timely and effective implementation of all the project activities;
o Regular reporting on the performed project activities within agreed deadlines;
o Compliance with all the relevant Organisation’s policies and procedures, including Procurement and the Code of conduct.
• Master’s degree or equivalent in law;
• Minimum two years of experience in law (preferably);
• Relevant work experience in the field of human rights protection (desirable, but non-obligatory);
• Knowledge and adherence to the principles of humanitarian work;
• Highly motivated;
• Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and in English (speaking/reading/writing)
• High analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong negotiation skills.
Temporary contract till the end of the year 2012. Prolongation of the contract will depend on the implementation progress and financial support by the donor.
Please send cover letter in English and CV to e-mail: [email protected]
Please indicate the Subject as: Lawyer/Refugees
Applications closure date
02 October 2022