The Financial Sector Reform Activity (FSR) in Ukraine is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by DAI Global LLC (DAI). The purpose of the activity is to transform the country’s financial sector into a sophisticated, well-functioning, competitive market that is aligned with European Union (EU) standards and integrated into international financial systems. This transformation will mobilize private finance for sustained economic growth in Ukraine.
FSR will be implemented through four interlinked components:
• COMPONENT 1: Market Regulation and Supervision
• COMPONENT 2: Financial Infrastructure
• COMPONENT 3: Private Sector Intermediaries and Facilitators
• COMPONENT 4: Transparency and Communications
The FSR project is looking for candidates to fill the Investment Specialist position.
The Investment Specialist will provide expertise on alternative financing options and risk reduction mechanisms for SMEs and start-ups. S/he will analyze and propose ways to mobilize finance for private companies, including crowdfunding, guarantees, debt and equity, green finance, and other financial instruments.
Other tasks include:
• Hold discussions with various equity investors (ESG funds, start-up funds, IFIs, donor organizations) to explore financing/or risk reduction mechanisms for investment in SMEs, start-ups, and fintech companies.
• Analyze and review domestic and international crowdfunding activities/platforms, including those of the Ukrainian diaspora (charitable, debt, equity) and recommend ways to leverage crowdfunding for SME finance/investment.
• Participate in the design and structuring of deals under guarantee programs to cover risks and facilitate investments in cooperation with international and local agencies.
• Contribute to the development or improvement of regulations on alternative investment methodology and supervision.
• Participate in studies and policy dialogues on potential State incentives for further investment in market development.
• Analyze and produce analytical papers on alternative investments in Ukraine and assist the FSR management with reports and documents to USAID.
• Manage and oversee subcontractors (international and local consultants) providing support related to Component 3.
• Participate in the development of the grants programs to facilitate alternative financing mechanisms.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• An advanced degree in one of the following areas: finance, economics, management, finance/corporate law, or audit.
• Strong analytical skills and experience structuring transactions.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in commercial banking, investment funds, brokerage firms, and/or private equity.
• Successful track record in early-stage private equity investment deal structuring and expertise in alternative investment mechanisms.
• Knowledge of crowdfunding mechanisms is an advantage.
• Familiarity with “green finance” and ESG investing is a plus.
• Knowledge of Ukraine’s financial sector landscape, actors and issues, relevant government ministries, and familiarity with relevant policies and reforms are required.
• Solid and persuasive interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent oral and written English and Ukrainian skills.
This position will report to the Component 3 Team Lead.
Please submit Cover Letter and CV to [email protected] by October 10, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.