JOB TITLE: Procurement Manager
ESTIMATED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE/LEVEL OF EFFORT: Long-term
BACKGROUND: The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic values, and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East activities are implemented with the regional focus on eastern and southern parts of Ukraine with two project offices based in Kyiv and Staryi Sambir. This position is assigned to the support of the Severodonetsk portfolio.
JOB SUMMARY: The Procurement Manager position is responsible for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services for the portion of the project based in Severodonetsk, Ukraine. The position is required to ensure compliance with Chemonics, and Ukrainian policies in conjunction with US Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) and other applicable rules and regulations.
REPORTING: This position reports to the Severodonetsk Regional Director (primary) and the Activities Pool Director (secondary).
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Procurement Manager will provide technical and logistical support and assistance to the Severodonetsk Field Office during the implementation of DG East through the implementation of the following tasks:
• The Procurement Manager will respond in a timely manner to procurement requests, in coordination with the Activity Implementation Unit, including the Activity Implementation Manager and the Grants and Subcontracts Manager, to oversee procurements conducted in accordance with Chemonics procurement policies and USAID Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) regulations in support of operations and technical activities.
• The Procurement Manager will assist as needed, under the direction of the Severodonetsk Regional Director and in close collaboration with Activity Management Unit, to coordinate with local and regional vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurements of requested commodities and services.
• Monitor contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions. Will maintain the overall integrity of the procurement filing system by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file.
• Assist with the project’s commodity management tracking system and provide accurate information
• Will provide procurement status reports and inventory summaries as requested by project staff.
• The Procurement Manager will travel as required to inspect, confirm delivery, and facilitate disposition of equipment at grantee sites.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises procurement assistant.
This position will be based remotely and when the security situation permits in the designated DG East location, Ukraine.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel throughout Ukraine when requested is required.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field
• Strong management and administrative skills, preferably with respect to managing and backstopping standard and in-kind procurements/grants.
• Strong understanding of USAID procurement regulations, particularly Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR).
• Ability to coordinate with external partners and monitor counterparts and subcontractors or grantees.
• Ability to work in a multinational, multicultural environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and time management.
• Computer literacy: MS windows applications (word processing, excel, spreadsheets, etc.).
• Fluent Ukrainian language, and proficient English language.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with Procurement Manager - Severodonetsk listed in the subject line by October 10, 2022. Candidates must ensure that CV does *not* include a photograph, date of birth, and/or marital status information.
No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.