Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professionals to fill position of Procurement Manager support South Portfolio.
ESTIMATED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE/LEVEL OF EFFORT: Long-term
BACKGROUND: The USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern and southern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of russia’s aggression, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East works to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and to (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East will provide opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives. DG East activities are implemented across four regional portfolios and two physical office locations in Kyiv and Staryi Sambir.
JOB SUMMARY: The Procurement Manager is responsible for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services to support DG East South portfolio, or another portfolio if/as assigned. The position is required to ensure compliance with Chemonics, and Ukrainian policies in conjunction with US Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) and other applicable rules and regulations.
REPORTING: This position reports to the Activities Pool Director and Regional Director.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides technical and logistical support and assistance to the Field Office during the implementation of DG East through the implementation of the following tasks.
• Responds in a timely manner to procurement requests, in coordination with the Activity Implementation Unit, including the Activity Implementation Manager and the Grants and Subcontracts Manager, to oversee procurements conducted in accordance with Chemonics procurement policies and USAID FAR and AIDAR regulations in support of operations and technical activities.
• Assists as needed, under the direction of the Regional Director and in close collaboration with Activity Management Unit, to coordinate with local and regional vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurements of requested commodities and services.
• Monitors contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions. Maintain the overall integrity of the procurement filing system by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file.
• Assists with the project’s commodity management tracking system and provide accurate information.
• Provides procurement status reports and inventory summaries as requested by project staff.
• Travels as required, once the conditions allow travelling, to inspect, confirm delivery, and facilitate disposition of equipment at grantee sites.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises Procurement Assistant, as assigned.
DUTY STATION: Duties will be performed remotely from the territory of Ukraine. When the security situation permits, the position will be moved to another designated DG East location in Ukraine.
REQUIREMENTS: To be eligible, applicants should be citizens of Ukraine residing in Ukraine.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field.
• Strong management and administrative skills, preferably with respect to managing and backstopping standard and in-kind procurements/grants.
• Strong understanding of USAID procurement regulations, particularly FAR and AIDAR.
• Ability to coordinate with external partners and monitor counterparts and subcontractors or grantees.
• Ability to work in a multinational, multicultural environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and time management.
• Computer literacy: MS windows applications (word processing, excel, spreadsheets, etc.).
• Fluent Ukrainian and proficient English required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with Procurement Manager support South Portfolio listed in the subject line by June 10, 2023. Candidates must ensure that CV does *not* include a photograph, date of birth, and/or marital status information.
No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.